Facebook Advertising 101
How to Dominate With Facebook Ads
Facebook claims that it had an average of 1.47 billion daily active users for June 2018 and 2.23 billion monthly active users as of June 30, 2018. Clearly, Facebook ads are a great way to reach an audience and build business, whether you want to drive traffic to your website or sell more products and services.
If you want to explore social marketing, Facebook is the perfect place to do it. The way to dominate with Facebook ads is to devise a good social media strategy that will make you stand out from the crowd. Read on to find out how to set up a great Facebook Page and how to advertise on Facebook.
Creating a Winning Facebook Business Page
- Visit the site and click on “Create a Page.”
- Select the type of business you have and when the box opens, fill in the information.
- Upload your profile and cover images for your Facebook Business Page. You must create a great visual first impression for visitors, so choose your photos wisely and make sure they align with your brand. Your cover image is the most prominent one on your Page, so capture your brand with it.
- Consider using video content. Facebook is shifting its emphasis to video content instead of photos because articles that include videos get more engagement than those with just photos. You might even want to use a video for your cover “image” instead of a photo.
- Add a description of your business. You have only 155 characters to do it, so make sure you economize words but still include the highlights.
- Create your username so people will be able to find you on Facebook.
- Make sure you fill out the “About” section. This is where a customer will go to find out information about your business, so having it all there is extremely important.
- Create your first post. Make sure you’re sharing valuable content when you do. You want your website visitors to stick around, so that first post has to be stellar. Going forward, post regularly — let your potential customers know you’re active.
- Start engaging followers. Ask your friends and family to like your Page and promote it through any other social media channels you use. It’s also a good idea to add “follow us” logos on your ads and/or email signature.
- Use Page insights to improve your Facebook Business Page. The insights provide you with data on your overall performance, plus information on audience demographics and engagement.
- Get verified. The Facebook verification badge signals to your audience that you’re really a brand — not an imposter — and it instills confidence in potential customers.
The first step to succeeding in the social media advertising game is to create a winning Facebook Business Page. Follow these 11 steps to get started:
How to Advertise on Facebook
If you don’t know how to advertise on Facebook, don’t worry. It’s not difficult. In fact, Facebook takes you through the steps. It enables you to choose your audience based on behaviors, contact information or demographics; provides striking formats you can use; and offers ad reporting tools that show you how your successful your ads are. To advertise on Facebook, just visit the website and click on “Create an Ad” at the top of the page.
Facebook Advertising Cost
You don’t need a big budget to run ads on Facebook. In fact, according to Facebook, you can set your advertising budget as low as $5 per week, although certain types of ads require more. The platform sells its ads through auction — you simply create your ad, set your budget and submit it to the auction. The auction determines which of your ads should be shown to which audiences by analyzing the information you provide during the ad creation process, then Facebook shows your ad to those most likely to become customers – for the price that you bid or less.
Facebook also has two other ways to purchase ads: reach and frequency and target rating points buying. For advertisers who qualify, reach and frequency buying is for those who want their ad campaigns to reach more than 200,000 users — you buy predictable, controlled advertising delivery for a locked price. Target Rating Points buying is for those who want to purchase video ads for a locked price. To find out more about how much you’ll pay to advertise on Facebook, visit the site.